My Ex-Husband Is Not Providing Me Visits With The Children As Required By Our Parenting Plan. What Can I Do?

You can file an action for contempt.

In order to establish contempt, you must show that the noncomplying parent had the ability to comply, intentionally failed to comply, and that the noncompliance was in bad faith. If that is established, the court will order makeup time with the children, reimbursement of your costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, a civil penalty of at least $100, and may order imprisonment.

Nicole M. Bolan, Attorney at Law
Blado Kiger Bolan, Tacoma, Wash.

Related Posts
  • How To Get Visitation Rights In Washington Read More
  • How Long Does Spousal Support Last In Washington? Read More
  • Tips For Resolving Common Co-Parenting Disputes Read More