If A Default Judgment Is Entered By The Court, Can It Be Set Aside Or Reversed?

Yes, maybe.

Under very limited circumstances and within limited time frames a Default Judgment may be set aside or reversed by a court. There has to be some excusable neglect or an irregularity in the proceedings for a court to even consider a request to set aside a Default Judgment and the request to set must usually be made within one year of the judgment. This is a limited remedy and should not be considered as an alternative to timely responding to the lawsuit.

Attorney at Law
Blado Kiger Bolan, Tacoma, Wash.

Related Posts
  • Auto Insurance Basics Read More
  • Will I Recover My Attorney Fees If I Win The Case? Read More
  • If I Don’t Like The Way The Judge Is Making Decisions In My Case Prior To Trial, Do I Have The Right To Ask For Another Judge? Read More