When My Mother Died, Her Bank Transferred All Of The Funds In Her Account To My Brother, Even Though My Brother And I Are To Share Equally Under My Mother’s Will. Can The Bank Do This?

In Washington, the bank may lawfully pay funds to the survivor of an account held jointly with rights of survivorship or to the individual named as a pay on death beneficiary in the contract of deposit.

If your brother was designated as either in the Contract of Deposit, the bank is not liable to you for the funds. You might be able to contest this payment to your brother in probate proceedings.

Attorney at Law
Blado Kiger Bolan, Tacoma, Wash.

Related Posts
  • Loan Workouts May Be In The Interest Of Both Lender And Borrower Read More
  • What Is A Secured Transaction? Read More
  • Tacoma Billing Dispute Lawyers Read More