Can Spousal Maintenance, Or Alimony, Be Changed After The Divorce Decree Is Entered?

Yes it can be changed, unless the decree specifically states that the obligation to pay spousal support, or alimony, is non-modifiable.

The obligation will only be changed by the court after entry of the decree in exceptional circumstances. This may include a drastic and unexpected change in income of either party, or that one party failed to disclose assets in the divorce process.

Douglas N. Kiger, Attorney at Law
Blado Kiger Bolan, Tacoma, Wash.

Related Posts
  • How To Get Visitation Rights In Washington Read More
  • How Long Does Spousal Support Last In Washington? Read More
  • Tips For Resolving Common Co-Parenting Disputes Read More