I Cannot Afford My Child Support Payment. What Can I Do?

You may be able to modify your child support obligation. Child support can be modified for a variety of reasons.

First, if the current order of child support was entered more than a year ago, you may be able to get the amount modified if it works a severe economic hardship.

Second, you may be able to modify child support if the current order was entered more than two years ago and your income has changed or the other parent’s income has changed.

Also, if your expenses for the child have increased, such as the amount you pay for daycare or medical insurance, that may impact the amount of child support you should pay.

Child support modifications can often be completed with just one hearing.

Nicole M. Bolan, Attorney at Law

Blado Kiger Bolan, Tacoma, Wash.

Related Posts
  • How To Get Visitation Rights In Washington Read More
  • How Long Does Spousal Support Last In Washington? Read More
  • Tips For Resolving Common Co-Parenting Disputes Read More