My HOA Is Trying To Prevent Me From Renting To A Family With Kids. Do I Need A Real Estate Attorney?

You probably at least need to have a consultation with a lawyer to look over your HOA documents with you.

Yes, there may be fair housing laws that apply to make such action illegal. But there may be other legitimate reasons they could prevent you from renting as well. An attorney would have to look at your HOA documents to tell you whether or not it is legal for the HOA to prevent you from doing that.

Douglas N. Kiger, Attorney at Law
Blado Kiger Bolan, Tacoma, Wash

Related Posts
  • What Is A Title Commitment In Real Estate: Everything You Need To Know Read More
  • How To Get A Copy Of The Deed To My House In Washington Read More
  • Purchase & Sale Agreements: What You Need To Know Read More